View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #456
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I'm getting ready to place this loss squarely on the sleepy shoulders of Marquis Daniels. If he hadn't played such a selfish brand of basketball tonight, we may have had a better chance to get the offense flowing. I'm glad Nellie yanked his sorry ass after he made that idiotic attempt at making the highlight reel, and kept him on the bench for the rest of the game. (Didn't he?)

I'm also getting ready to blame Devin Harris. It's far too late in the season for him to be making idiotic mistakes that completely absolve the coaching staff of all trust in him.

I think this team has too many guys who just won't listen. What was it, just today, that I heard talk about how Howard doesn't need to be looking for a shot out there. And yet he's bricking threes.

It was at least nice to see vets like Van Horn, Bradley, and Hendu give a solid effort and play a team game out there. It's time for the veterans to take this team back over from the youngsters. When Fin and Damp are back, things will quickly change.

The guy had a 29 point peformance and everyone thought he was the savior. I still remember this board that night. I heard things like "Daniels is better than Finley" and "Daniels is a better option at the starting 2 guard than Finley". I like the tools he has but he's not ready to be a starter just yet. First of all he can't even pass on the break. A 23 year old man can't pass on a fastbreak. Second, he can't pass at all. He's a pretty good inside and out passer but he sure didn't display that tonight. Has no long range jumper at all. It's hard to be a shooting guard without any range. Maybe he's still a bit rusty but you don't shoot your way out of rust.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote