View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 03:10 AM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Necessity seems to suggest playing Benga more?

10min is too small a sample to judge someone against anyone, let alone when he's facing Amare & the top-scoring Suns. Regardless, MBenga had a pretty nice outing. He defended well and had only one PF, again guarding the most difficult big-man to guard after Shaq. Yes, he got only 1 rebound but you'd get rebounds only when teams miss their shots. I don't remember too many missed shots during his stint. His only mistake, as far as I'm concerned, was the missed 8-footer taken very early in the 2nd half, soon after which he was benched not to be brought in again.

He'd have been ideal to guard Brand against Clips and Mihm against Lakers. His presence would also have prevented many reckless penetrations by Maggette & Co. & Kobe & Co., respectively.

I'd much rather lose with MBenga & Harris than lose with Hendu & DA.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote