View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 01:05 PM   #27
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mexicans Soccer Fans

Mavdog - Yeah, I suppose that ESPN would try and be politically correct.

FWIW, this quote from the Houston Chronicle article:

Quote:
Sure, there was a small pocket of morons who tried to get an anti-American chant going, but they were whistled at and booed by their countrymen until they shut up.
So, in fairness, it sounds like only a very small portion of the crowd was chanting "Osama" (note, Mavdog, that the Chronicle writer was PC in saying "anti-American chant"). We're talking about a stadium that seats 110,000 people, after all.

I think we can all condemn the chanting from those people. I think we can also all acknowledge that the Mexican soccer fans, as a whole, were not engaging in such a chant, but rather were condemning it.