Thread: Dirk vs Bird...
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #30
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Dirk vs Bird...

Five-ofan, I understand what you're trying to say. But there are certain sacrosanct rules in this game that just can't be broken. One of 'em is you don't compare a journeyman, bench player to a legend. KVH is a very good player that could potentially be the difference maker in this team's quest for a championship. But there's a reason why he got traded multiple times while Larry Bird is almost synonymous with Celtic greatness. Who cares what their physical talents are or are not... we just can't put the two in the same sentence. That IS blasphemy!!
Btw, I'm no fan of Bird either.

Simon2, I do not think comparing Dirk's playoff numbers to those of Bird's is homerism. Dirk's no Bird and everyone knows that. But you have to admit there is something to his game that reminds even the Boston media of Bird.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote