View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #27
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default RE:Who plays online poker?

great read, chaffy. must have been a good 24 hours at fulltilt for dallas-mavs posters. i took 2nd in a VERY small limit omaha split tourney last night on fulltilt. didn't win much $$, but it was a nice 3 hour learning session, especially the final table, which took almost an hour and a half. having never played short-handed omaha before, i was learning on the fly. one thing about fulltilt i'm not sure if i like is that they pay so few spots in their tourneys, especially the smaller ones. mine was basically a glorified sit-n-go (27 people - no one plays omaha at fulltilt), but only paid 3 spots. felt bad for the guy who finished fourth cause i sucked out on him two outta three hands at the end to knock him out. he raised first in with A2JJ and i called him with T9QQ two suited otb, blinds fold, flop comes 58J, he bets set and nut low draw, i call with overpair, straight draw with redraws and backdoor flush draws. turn is Q, river pairs board's 8. i raise the turn with my nut straight and he flat calls, then we cap the river, both with boats. he loses high and misses low. then he's shortstacked so he raises in sb w/AQT9 two suited, and, trying to get him out, i call with A478 three suited in bb. flopped the wheel. i felt bad raising him all in cause i had a feeling i had sucked out again. turn and river don't help him. kinda the nature of omaha though. so many draws that you're getting good pot odds to chase.

i've been playing mostly limit hold 'em tables at fulltilt because most of the tourneys are still pretty small compared to the tourneys at ub. for some reason last night, i just felt like playing omaha instead of my usual $5 "turbo" nl tourney at ub.

btw, i play as "mnmpeanut" at both sites, so if you see me sitting at a 1-2 table grinding it out, sit down and i'll let you pilfer my stack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]