Thread: Artest
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:Artest

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
I can understand Daniels, but you must be nuts if you want to trade Howard. This guy has all the makings of a truly phenominal player. He's definately a future all-star IMO, and he's only in his second year. He's already almost as good as Artest, and will definately surpass him. Artest on the other hand is a liability. Howard and Daniels for Artest? Hell, why don't we trade Dirk to Detroit for Rasheed Wallace as well?
To say that Howard will definitely pass Artest is going out on a very thin limb. Though freakin' crazy, Artest is an amazing basketball player. He's easily one of the top 3 defenders in the league, and is far more proficient than Howard is on offense. I believe that at some point I have voiced my opinion that Artest was the MVP of the Pacers 61 win team last year, not O'Neal, and I stand by that. We should not overvalue Howard vs. Artest in a basketball argument just due to Artest's mentality.

P.S. Would I do the trade? Probably not. Artest is just too damn volatile. If there was some sort of guarantee that he would become a model citizen, than I would do it in a heartbeat.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote