View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #39
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TX House bans gay foster parents

mercury_rev - Because Kiki was implying that African-Americans could be excluded from foster parenting based on the fact that they are African-American. Such conduct would pretty clearly violate the Equal Protection Clause. The same is not true of excluding homosexuals on the basis that they are homosexual. The two groups are not viewed the same, Constitutionally speaking.

From a practical standpoint, I can see the arguments for and against allowing homosexuals to serve as foster parents. I come down on the against side, but I can see and understand Kiki's point of view.

From a political standpoint, even though I'm sure some Republicans truly believe that homosexuals aren't fit to be foster parents, this to me appears to be a preemptive strike to block the next logical move by the pro-homosexual lobby: to legalize homosexual adoption in Texas.