View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #7
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:So let me get this school choice thing right.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Hmmm....why would I not want a system that allowed parents the choice of sending their children whereever they wanted? The same dollars would be spent but spent wisely instead of having the large amount of overhead and waste that acoompanies public schools.

You already do. You have your free choice of public and private schools. Find one. Senc your kid to one.

Quote:
Why do we rank so high in spending per capita yet do not see the results of that spending?
Obviously spending more money (or less money) on education isn't having any direct effect on the woes of our National Education. The source lies somewhere else.

Quote:
Your solution is the solution of the democrat party... Nothing.....More money to the NEA and Unions and governement workers.
Not that that is my solution at all, but even if it was, crude cliche stereotype and all, even it would be morally sound compared to your position of simply abolishing public schools.

Quote:
No matter that it continues to be a failure. It's typical of liberals who place their own children in private schools to deny their constituencies the same opportunity.
Liberals aren't denying you the ability to do anything. You wanna send your kid to a private school, send em to a private school. Nobody is stopping you. If certain liberals want to send their kids to private schools, fine. They aren't going to stop contributing funding to public schools so kids who don't go to private schools can't get an education. They aren't that selfish.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote