View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #9
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:So let me get this school choice thing right.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:
Y
Great, good advice for those folks who can't afford it. Also good advice for those pulling the cart. Yup...
for those that can't afford Private school, and that's alot, that's why we have public schools. You know, the concept that everyone is entitled to a Free Public education no matter their economic status?

Quote:
Well....dontcha' sorta think that might be my point?

As far as I could tell, your point was public schools are bad and should be destroyed. I didn't see anything relating to more or less spending.

Quote:
Sure they are... Instead of providing those tax dollars to someone
Provide tax dollars to who'm?

Quote:
and have the market provide better schools, they trap lower income people into crappy public schools with no recourse. You wish it were not so but it is. Keeping people on the public dole is the business of the democrat party and liberals.

They aren't trapping lower income people into anything. Quite the contrary. They are providing for the general welfare of those who cannot afford private school, a free public education, in a situation where they would otherwise have none.

Let's stop all this nonsensical back and forth and I'll pose a simple question. Would you, as a tax payer be comfortable with the money you use to pay into general tax revenue, being used to fund several kid's education and allow them to pick a public or private school of their choice, even if they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to go to said school? Or are you proposing something different?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote