View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #34
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Who plays online poker?

So here's a crazy hand that I got involved in at a regular NL cash game (20$ buy in) that I play in sometimes at my apartment complex.

The blinds are .25 .50 and we were six handed. I had KK and the guy to my right raised to two dollars. I reraised five to make it seven and bb called as well as the raiser. The flop came down AQJ of spades. The guy to my right fired off a twenty dollar bet (over half his remaining stack). I had the K of spades and had worked my stack up to about 100$. The BB also had about 100$ sitting in front of him as well, and he is really loose about calling preflop raises so I figured if I went all in he would fold, and I could isolate myself against the other guy's smaller stack. So I go all in and the BB glares at me, gets up, kicks his chair, walks around for awhile and starts ranting "He's got big slick and the K of spades, but I have him beat right now" over and over. Eventually he folds and the small stack calls all in and turns over AJ. BB turns over AQ and I catch a ten on the turn to win the pot with a straight. I've only been playing holdem for about a year. Did I make the right play? At the time I thought my outs would make me the favorite and confirmed this later by putting the three hands into a simulator. Should I have attempted to push the BB out? The BB is a very loose aggressive player BTW.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote