View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Who plays online poker?

Congrats on the win, Fresh. How much did you make from the short stack?

It depends on your tolerance for variance, but the BB's stack is really the one you wanted in that situation, no? It sounds like he would have pushed if you had smooth called. If you had 100 to start the hand, then if he pushed you would be getting close to three-to-one on your call (depending on the size of the short stack), as a slight favorite. Great situation.

If you think there is a chance that he simply calls as well, then there is more merit to pushing. A blank on the turn reduces you to an underdog, and a spade or ten may kill your action (though in a game like this probably not, as the pot would be sizeable, the stacks are now small in relation to it, two pair still has four outs, and the short stack probably kisses his chips and tosses them in anyway). The more I think about it, you probably get paid off even if you hit on the turn. But you aren't going to enjoy playing the turn if you miss.

So I probably would have decided what I thought the BB would do, and let him get his money in on the flop if I thought he would.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote