View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Who plays online poker?

Never posted in hear before, but I play quite a bit of poker, mostly online (pokerstars).

Personally, I wouldn't have pushed all in. As Chum said, if you think you're drawing (i.e. you don't have the best hand at that moment), which was a realtive certainty, you want to keep the third stack in to give you better odds on the draw.

Chum's observation about the turn either killing your action or making you uneasy is valid, so that might be a reason for pushing on the flop, but I would not have because you had to assume on the flop that the SB that pushed was ahead of you at the moment.

You had a draw to the nuts on the flop, if you're going to chase your draw, don't knock out your pot odds.

The guy you chased out actually made an astute observation. If you indeed did have AxKs, I would have pushed in that scenario, because in that case it's possible you have the best hand anyway, and you want to push out the draws, but at the same time if they decide to call you still have a good draw.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote