jibikao is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Suns-Grizzlies

Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
Mavs is basically done with fast-break style. We have probably one of the worst PGs in the league. Terry can shoot but he cannot direct our offense at all.
Terry may struggle running the offense at times, but to say he's "one of the worst PG's in the leauge" is WAY too harsh. Terry may be one of the worst PGs among the elite teams. Sure, I'd take Nash, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Rip Hamilton, Andre Miller, and Mike Bibby over Terry, but I'd take the Jet over the vast majority of the rest of the PG's in the NBA. I'd certainly take Terry over Stephon Marbury, Baron Davis, or Steve Francis.
Maybe my definitely of PG is different from yours. I don't even think Wade and Hamilton are PGs. They are Shooting Guards. That's where you get confused. Point Guard's main job is to Point our offense and to make sure we don't turn over the ball and to make sure the other teammates know what kind of offense the team needs to run. Terry is a decent shooting guard but he definitely CANNOT direct offense. Hell, I don't even know if he knows what Mavs' offense is.

Mav's offense is painful to watch. Very few ball movement and a lot of one-on-one. A lot of this is due to our point guards' inability to direct offense. You wonder why Nelson benched Terry so many times? That's because Terry can't utilize all the weapons we have. We have so many guys that can score but in the end, we just rely on our one-on-one.

Terry is STILL one of the worst "point guards" I've seen. He is a good shooting guard though. He is pretty clutch and knows how to score on his own.
Edit: Oops, I meant to edit this post but clicked "quote" instead. sorry.

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote