View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #529
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Thank the good Lord for consistency.

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I wish we would stop putting the blame on an all-world player and start putting the blame on a stubborn rookie coach--where it rightfully belongs.

Does ANYONE believe that Dirk plays like this against the power-forward-less Rockets with Nellie at the helm? I am very, very serious. Does anyone believe this?

My goodness, Nellie. Where have you left us?
Chum do you realize that you've blamed Avery after game that we've lost since he took over...all of them.

If Nellie was coaching Dirk would be getting the same shots...I don't know what you want him to do.
I did not realize that, but I'm happy to learn that at least I'm consistent.

D2K, come on now, man. If Nellie were coaching Dirk would get off the same shots? Is that truly what Nellie's history with Dirk in the playoffs indicates? Seriously? A couple off games from Dirk, and we attribute it to the German. Six in a row, and we have to look elsewhere. If you can point me to a streak of six playoff games under Nellie where Dirk so INCREDIBLY underperformed in relation to his regular season prowess, then I will consider that Dirk may be the one at fault. As it is, I'm left to listen to AJ talk about getting six guys in double figures and "that's how we like to play."

I should check the stats, but I'm guessing that Nellie's playoff teams didn't throw a whole lot of 13-point quarters out there.
[
Let me leave it at this: six games in a row is not an abberation. It's a standard. Especially when you may go home after the next one.

Quote:
Tuesday May 03, 2005 2:48 AM

How exactly are the Rockets forcing us to take one of our big guys out, when they at almost all times have either Yao or Mutombo on the court? I do not understand this.

Unless the answer is that we are forced to concede that neither Dampier nor Bradley, for foul trouble reasons or otherwise, cannot play Yao/Mutombo straight up. It follows from this that we do not have a "system" that we can "impose" on any opponent.

Which, of course, is fine with me, as I have always believed that that "system" talk was so much gas anyway. This series is one that would make Coach Nelson proud. Can't win it with conventional ball...can win it with small ball. That got Nellie run out of town...but that is what's winning this series.

Offseason: chance to get a center like Damp or maybe even Shaq: Why bother? Nellie won't play them anyway. He'll go small and we'll lose in the playoffs like we always do. Small ball can win in the regular season, but it can't win in the playoffs, when they play a different game.

Baloney. Small ball can win when the matchup dictates it. But all too many people, on this board and in other places, said that you can't win by matching up with the opponent. They said you have to have a blueprint that you stubbornly stuck to.

Thank the good Lord that AJ is smart enough to realize that he can't cram his "system" down the throat of the opponents. Thank goodness he is smart enough to know that a seven-game series can become a chess match, when adjustments and matchups can make all the difference in the world.
Whoops. Keke, since I know for a fact that you are the fourth-smartest poster on this forum, I'm surprised that you failed to detect the sarcasm.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote