View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas @ Suns Round 2 - Game 1

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I can't imagine not seeing Dirk on Amare for some time. We will definately see some small ball in this series which will automatically put Dirk on Amare. I honestly like the matchup. How many guys in this league have we seen just torch up Dirk on the defensive end? My only concern would be Dirk getting in foul trouble. Which is a huge concern actually but i'm sure if we can get Dirk on Amare for minimum minutes foul trouble won't be much of a concern barring any dumb fouls like players going up for dunks and getting an and 1 which will happen this series.
The flip side of this coin, if we go with Dirk and 4 smalls, is that either Amare has to take Dirk or Amare has to take a swingman or PG. Either way, I think it gives us an advantageous matchup.
That's what I want to see. I want us to force the Suns into a mismatch. If we do go small which I Expect who does Marion guard? Josh or Dirk? Then that leaves the question of who does Amare guard. There's going to be a mismatch somewhere.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote