View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #33
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Famous People You've Met

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Oh, well I didn't even think about Politicians....

G.W. Bush (graduation ceremony at U.T. when he was Governor)
Ronald Reagan (political convention my mother dragged me to back in '84 - but I got to shake his hand and he just has an aura about him that was pretty incredible- I mean he did)
Kay Bailey Hutchinson - we were both on a Southwest flight to Austin, sat right next to her. She and a bunch of politico's were headed to Austin for some popular politician's funeral. Herb Kelleher was also on the flight and he served everyone's drinks.
Dan Quayle - I still think he would make a great President.

That's all I can think of right now....
I wasn't thinking about politicians either, and but your list of met pols is actually remakably similar to mine, U2. I was introduced to both Kay Bailey and George W Bush back when they were running for Senate and Governor in '94, and also I got to shake Dan Quayle's hand at Love Field back in '92 (back when I was very young and used to do a lot of volunteer campaign stuff for the Republican party). I also got to meet folks like Dan Barlett and Sam Johnson, but obviously they aren't as high profile as W, Kay Bailey, and Danny Quayle...