View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #11
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:Let's Trade our Brain

I was the first person on this board to publicly denounce Finley, and I'm one of the first calling for a coaching change.

Avery is a great motivator, there may not be one as good in the entire league. God knows with these pansy as$es in the league who can't be motivated by championships and money a motivator is a great find.

But motivation gets you only so far and we saw the dark side of Avery hyping up the players to win. Josh Howard punching a ball across the court. There must be blend of baskeball knowledge X's and O's and motivation. Avery simply does not have the X's and O's. No time out after the Nash 3 or maybe just telling Terry to stay on Nash and take away the 3 point shot. Crap he could have fouled Nash, allowed him to penetrate get a layup. To me the blame ultimately falls on the coach.

Avery appears to prepare fantastically for games, but during games he looks terrible. The Mavs were constantly having to adjust to two teams that frankly they were better than. It should have been the other way around. This is coaching!

This team is no different than the Laker team Phil Jackson went to years ago. Lots of talent but unable to get the job done. The Mavs are too good too early and need a coach that can capitalize on the talent that exists, rather than wait for a coach like Avery to learn the X's and O's. He may have it figured out in 3 years, but there are no guarantees that people like Josh Howard or Dirk stay healthy.

I say make a move for Jackson and if he is unable stay with Avery for the long term. Jackson has the ability to get the Mavs to a championship as early as 2006, I just don't feel Avery has this ability.

Motivation is a piece of the puzzle, it's just not the only piece!

Until Jackson is unavailable, he available.
Its fun going to the playoffs every year, but winning a championship is what it's all about. Just ask Jazz fans.