uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Summer League Hopes

Marquis to work on outside shot.

Josh to work on mid-range jumper.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chicago JK
I also think Josh should take the summer off. I also hope we are able to somehow get a mid first via trade and have that person in camp too. I also wouldn't be against bringing in guys like the EX UT PF Thomas kid in or maybe ex high schooler O. Cisse who is playing well in the developmental league. Players like that who are long shots but are also interesting. Anyway, in summer league I don't care if we go 0-8. Devin needs the ball in his hands a lot playing point guard and creating shots for his teammates and Benga and Pavel need a lot of touches. I don't care if they dribble the ball off their foot all game long...give them some repetition on the moves they worked on all offseason.

A couple of things I will look for:
Pavel-
a)Agility- If you don't have it in today's game, then you can't play in the NBA
b) Good Hands- A big man with good hands and agility is very good news
c) Some kind of basketball intelligence-

If he has these three than he will be a NBA player in time, no matter how raw his rest of his game is.

DJ Benga
a) Average rebounding- He looks lost going after rebounds when in the game...if he can't rebound he will never get PT
b) Ability to play without picking up fouls- DJ is a foul machine. He needs to learn how to stay on the floor
c) When to go for the block- DJ contests everything right now. Hopefully in time he will know when just to show and not leave his feet and go put his body on his defender and get the board.

Devin Harris
a) running a team- Get the team in their offenses sets and getting open looks for teammates
b) Use the dribble correctly- Don't dribble just to dribble. Use it to get you someplace on the court. Dribble with a purpose.
c) Get a feel for the position- Devin shouldn't need to look over at the bench each time he crosses mid court. He should have a better understanding of when to push and when to slow down and set up

I am already confident in Devin's offensive game, but I will be watching his point guard skills very closely.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote