Thread: Dirk trade?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 AM   #31
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk trade?

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
You have to be kidding me. The NBA isn't about fantasy basketball, sorry.

Tim Duncan is perhaps the greatest PF of all time and he is what, 28? Lets be real here.
Although I hate to say it, I actually have to agree with you here. I still think Karl Malone in his prime was a better player, but Duncan is still in the prime of his career, has two championships, and is currently pursuing a 3rd, and he doesn't have John Stockton. If Duncan were to retire today, I'd have to say that he is the best PF ever. However, and I may just be dreaming here, I do think that Dirk could still hold that title at the end of his career. Duncan has peaked, whereas Dirk is still growing immensely. If Dirk wins a couple of titles and maybe and MVP or two before he retires, he may be that guy. Right now though, Timmy D is the man.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote