Thread: Mike Bibby?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 02:28 AM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mike Bibby?

Quote:
Originally posted by: gnzl312
Why does everyone wanna trade Harris?????? He is the future. I dont know what you were whatching but looking at him he seems like a special player. He is quick and pushes the ball like Nash. Give him time and he will develop in to a great PG.
NOBODY here wants to trade Harris. Harris is practically worshipped around here. Personally I think he will be a great scorer, but no more of a point guard than Terry is. However, I think he'll easily be in the same league as guys like Tony Parker or Bibby. And personally, I don't think Bibby would be a significant upgrade over JET. Jet has gotten so much flack for not being a "true" point guard, but frankly the guy isn't any less of a point guard than guys like Bibby, Parker, or Chauncey Billups. This team and it's fans were simply used to having Steve Nash. That's why we had such problems at point this year; not because Terry is a bad point guard, but because we still had Nellie's overly-complicated offense. Parker looks like a great point guard because he's in charge of the simplest offense one could imagine; drive and/or give the ball to Duncan. Bibby has always had scorers around him, and the Kings have never had a really complicated offense, although it was very unique and very potent. What made the Kings so great was that they had two of the best passing big men ever in C-Webb and Vlade. Throw in a lights-out shooter like Peja, an all around solid player in Christie, and a phenominal backup in Bobby-Jax, and Bibby flourishes. And now, Sacto still has Peja, replaced Christie with a better scorer in Mobley, and the best passing center in the league now that Vlade's gone in Brad Miller. Bibby's got a great situation. Give Jet another season now that we're under AJ's system and not Nellie's and I guarantee you'll forget all that nonsense about "true" point guards.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote