Thread: Dal/Mem/NO/Utah
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dal/Mem/NO/Utah

1) I think Damp is better as a true center for this team right now. However, my concern is his production down the line in relation to his contract. Wright's deal is expiring and he puts up decent numbers. GMC is correct, the Mavs would have to have someone targeted at 19.

2) I like Bradley, but if center friendly Avery won't use him in critical playoff games with Damp on the bench then what does that say to other teams around the league? With Utah having multiple picks and being under the cap, I think it might be a good fit.

3)I would like to keep DJ as well. I was just thinking along the lines of what the Mavs gave up for DA. PJ has two years left on his contract. Not a pretty contract by any means, but I would be more comfortable with PJ at two years than with Damp at six.

My wording in this post and my first post could be better. What I want to ask is does everyone feel comfortable with Damp/Bradley in relation to their contracts/production/how they are used or would you make this trade in order to shorten some contracts and provide some short term solutions at center with the hope that one of the young guys or a pick develops in a couple of years?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote