View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #50
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs have shopped Dampier??

Fish spins like crazy. He sometimes makes honest mistatkes with facts such as Damp's blocks per game. Fish can be annoying at times and unintentionally comical at others. However I've never know him to make crap up out of whole cloth nor to stretch the truth to the point where he had to admit that he "misquoted himself". I may not often appreciate him, often disagree with him, but I don't doubt that he's honestly trying to put correct facts out there, although at times he may error.

With Sefko, I have the feeling that he'll say anything that he thinks that he can get away with and which will sell papers. Adherence to the facts occurs only when it sells papers or he feels he can't get away with it. And while Fish's writing can be amateurish at times, Sefko would be lucky if his ever was as good as amateurish.

Sure all media spins by giving and/or emphasizing the facts that support what they won't to say. All media makes honest mistakes and mistates facts. However not all media represents things as facts which they know are not facts, only the worst do that. Sefko falls into the category that knowingly misrepresents nonfacts as facts, while IMO Fish doesn't.

So, sure I'll double check Fish. But with Sefko, it's more like why even bother. If it's not being reported all over and I've already heard it else where, then he's most likely making it up. I will rarely bother to check on Sefko's "facts" that I haven't already had verification on, because he carries zero credibility with me. With Fish, I'll at least check. There's the big difference.