View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: trading Tariq (his contract) for a 2nd rounder???

Putting someone on the injured list for 3 years when they are not injured is putting him on there "fradulently". Fraudent: adj. Engaging in fraud; deceitful...

This would be what they are doing if wahad has been healthy for 3 years and they have forced him on the injured reserve list. I don't know if you are legally correct or not, however I would imagine that there are some rules about having someone on the list when they are not injured for years and years. I don't know that, but I have a hard time believeing that it can be done. As others have said medical doctors and insurance companies have also agreed that he must be injured (as they are still paying insurance) therefore this discussion is probably moot.

It would be the same thing is the mavs decided tommorrow to put finley on the injured reserve list for the next 4 (or however many) years of his contract so that his contract would be paid by insurance, I dont' think that would work.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote