View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #53
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs have shopped Dampier??

Quote:
Originally posted by: DRsock33 Dampier was acquired to give the Mavs a more defensive presence, but in the playoffs it became clear that Damp was the Mavs biggest defensive liability. The Mavs need to be hunting for a team that will take big Damp. Anything is better then nothing; and in my mind, Dampier is nothing.
Absolute nonsense. Dampier is one of the better post-up defenders in the NBA. He had trouble staying on the floor, but he's by no means a defensive liability when he is on the floor. In fact, I'd say he's more reliable on defense than Terry, Finley, and Dirk for that matter. Our best defender is supposedly Howard, but even he makes his mistakes and couldn't keep up with T-Mac, or Nash. Dampier is nothing? Do you honestly think he hasn't been the biggest reason for our defensive improvement this year? If so, then you are totally mistaken. The only other reason really, is the replacement of Nash with Terry and Devin (oh, and getting rid of Walker helps too.)

Quote:
A center who has the length to keep Duncan in check, but has the ability to hold Amare, R. Wallace, Garnett, and other big men who like to stretch the defense.
Does such a player exist? If so is that player even remotely attainable? The only name I can think of that even remotely fits that profile is Marcus Camby, who is absolutely unattainable. Show me a trade in which we get Camby without giving up all of our youth and depth, and you got my attention. Otherwise, don't be a Madape.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote