View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Saints and Soldiers

Quote:
how does it compare to what I call the best war "movie" ever, Band of Brothers?
I'd say that it's right up there. I absolutely loved band of brothers and can't say enough good things about it. But for me, Saints and Soldiers was even better. BTW 2 of the main characters are from the 101st Airborne division same as Band of Brothers. But unlike Band of Brothers it's based on serval actual events woven together into a fictional story. For me though I was absolutely wowed watching it the 2nd time with the directors commentary and seeing how they made this incredibly realistic war movie on a shoe string budget. I would say that both movies would compliment each other very well.

BTW if your dad likes war movies, this would be a great father's day gift.