Thread: Get Kwame Brown
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Get Kwame Brown

Quote:
Guys, we will never win without an athletic young big man to stop Duncan, Garnet and mainly AMARE. Damp is too slow and dirk is too fragile. PJ brown and Dale Davis are too old and SLOWWWWWWWW. We need quickness. Can u PLEASE give me a big man that is strong and athletic to complement dirk and damp?!?!?!?? (and that is as gettable as Kwame)
There are so many things wrong with this statement on so many levels I don't know where to begin. 1st of all we've only had to face Garnett once before in the playoffs and we swept the Tpuppies. 2nd Garnett didn't even make the playoffs this year. 3rd we've only faced Amare once, this year. We played like crap and were one mistake from sending the series to a 7th game. So Amare is hardly an insurmountable obstacle. Now Duncan is another story. But what athletic big man can stop TD? Garnett? Hasn't done it. Amare. Failed miserably. So are you saying that Kwame and stromile are better than Garnett and Amare????

Now you call Dirk fragile. Dirk has missed a total of 20 regular season games over 7 seasons. Kwame missed twice that this year alone. So who's fragile here? Saying Dirk is more fragile than Kwame makes about as little sense as I can possibly imagine based on the empirical evidence. And old durable Stromile missed 20 games alone this year.

Quote:
I also would like to point out that the 11 and 7 he got last year was with extremely low minuets and with the fans CONSTANTLY BOOING him.
Evidently you have a totally different definition of "extremely low minutes" than I or most anyone I know does. Kwame played over 30 minutes per game the year he average 11 and 7. That's about average for a starter. And if the fans booed Kwame for being a general all around headcase screwup, there's a better than average chance he'll get his sorry @$$ booed here.

Quote:
If he want to join a winning team with a backup role instead of going to a bad team like Atlanta? What is wrong if Dallas talked with him and checked out if he is committed to the team concept?
Same reason it's wrong to parole Charles Manson when he's says he'll be good and obey the law. There's evidence that he'll perform to the contrary, and anybody can say something but only time will tell. I wouldn't trust Charlie Manson loose on the streets and I won't trust Kwame to pull his head out of his @$$ just because he says so.

Quote:
Don't forget that damp is more injury prone than Samuel L. Jackson in the movie unbreakable.
Wow, what can I say. This one really takes the cake. Damp did have a freak (meaning extremely unlikely to repeat) injury this year that cause him to miss around 23 games. Keep in mind that the total is barely over half of what Kwame missed. However over the previous 3 years, Damp had missed only 17 games. While that certainly won't qualify him as being an iron man, it does mean he's missed significantly less games over the past 4 years than have Swift or Kwame. So why on earth if you think that Damp is soooo injury prone, do you want to go out and get players who are even more injury prone. That makes no sense.

Quote:
I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR AND KWAME WILL HELP US GET IT.
Why on earth would a career screwup be expected to turn it around and become a key part of a championship team is beyond my level of comprehension.

I'll grant you that Kwame and especially Stromile can probably dunk the basketball with more style and grace than either Dirk or Damp. But dunking for style doesn't win championships. And as far as being durable, Kwame and Swift aren't even qualified to carry Dirk's jockstrap.