Thread: Get Kwame Brown
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #33
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Get Kwame Brown

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lebanese_Fan
LRB, with the current roster, we don't have a guy that can hold against Duncan, Amare and Garnet for 10 minuets let a lone a playoff series.
Not sure what you mean by all that. If you're saying like everyone else that we need "an athletic 4/5" too keep up with quick big men like Amare, then stop putting Duncan and Garnett in that list. Duncan is much slower than Dirk; about the same speed as Damp actually. That's why whenever we play the Spurs, Dirk goes off for 30+. Duncan is a dominant post player, using bank-shots, and other savvy moves. I doubt Kwame would give him much more trouble than Dirk or Damp, but you never know. Duncan has said that the guys who give him the most trouble are big athletic guys like Garnett and Rasheed. Garnett on the other hand isn't exactly a huge matchup problem for us. He's not that potent offensively. His numbers are great, but he can't really create his own offense, and isn't a great post player. He gets his points mostly from driving and shooting; a lot like Dirk in this year's playoffs. Now, I personally would love to see Kwame here, because he's a potential star, and at worst a serviceable backup. Imagine if he did turn out to be a star. We'd have a lineup full of young stars: Devin (hopefully), Josh (definately a future all-star) Dirk (need I say more?) and Kwame. That team would be beastly. However, your deduction that the reason we haven't won a title is because of matchup problems with Amare, Duncan, and Garnett is flat out wrong.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote