View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hunter to leave Pheonix

Quote:
Maybe I'm just being negative, but I'm honestly not expecting either of them to ever turn out to be anything. I have some hope for Pavel, but I don't think DJ will ever be an effective player. There's no way that either of them will be able to play significant minutes next year.
You may be right about both of them because they weren’t close to being able to contribute to an NBA team this year. I’d also agree that Pavel’s more likely to improve because he already has a skill (shooting) and he isn’t as wild assed as DJ. My analysis is based on what I think will happen, not what I want to happen. With the payroll at ~$95MM and a possible double luxury tax looming I just can't see Cuban spending the MLE unless we have a chance to get an impact player. And the names I see kicked around on this board aren't impact players. I wouldn't mind bringing in Traylor or Hunter on cheap short contracts but neither would half the teams in the league. Hunter is opting out for a reason and the reason is that the market for big men is skewed.

Plus like I said, there aren’t many minutes to go around at the backup 4/5 barring a trade or another injury plagued season.