View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nellie says: "Harris should start sometime next season"

If the Spurs win tonight, will Robert Horry's offensive outburts at the end of Game Five have anything to do with it? In fact, if you watched closely at the end of Game Five, NEITHER team got more than one stop in the last three minutes of the game. Unless the Pistons pull off the improbable, Game Five will end up being the pivotal game that Game Fives usually are, and the Spurs championship will be down to Horry's offensive brilliance every bit as much as it will be down to anything else.

Don't be so narrow in your thinking, Simon. You can look back to all the old teams you want, and you won't be able to find one common thread among all the teams, especially something so vague as "defense." Until they start awarding teams points for making a stop, then two points scored counts just as much as two points allowed. Though I hate such simplistic formulas, there are two that are FAR more accurate than the naively simplistic "defense wins championships." First I would take "balance wins championships," but ultimately I like "excellence wins championships."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote