View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #40
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all
Default RE:The Official Congrats Spurs on your Championship thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
They showed this year that they can win running with the Suns, and grinding it out with the Pistons. I'd rather watch the Mavs for a few more games, but the Spurs definitely deserve it.
The Spurs are the only team in the league who really can play any style. They do focus on defense, but showed that they have the capability to get out and run (as you pointed out). That flexibility is ultimately what I think saw them through. I think Detroit was a hell of a challenge because they're so solid defensively that they make it tough for any team that plays them. Fortunately, the Spurs found just enough cracks in their armour to pull away at the end of game seven.

Man, that was an incredible game. I was so pround of those guys. This one is really, really special. No offense to New York or New Jersy, but IMHO, this was the first time they played a team in the NBA finals that was truly their equal. That's not their fault (obviously they have no control who comes out of the East) but this time they rose to a huge, huge challenge.

Wow, what a season! I'm a happy guy right now!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]