View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:06 AM   #20
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Predict next season's starting line and minutes per game

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: bobatundi1
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c

Quis - 18 mpg. To get above this level I expect he'll have to not only get his jumper out to 18 feet more consistent, but will have to prove that he's an upgrade defensively over Fin/Stack as well, something he's yet to do. 05/06 will be kinder to him than last year, but I'm not sure he's quite ready to break out in a deep backcourt.
I'm a 30 year old, 5'10" 240 lb white guy who hasn't touched a basketball in a decade, and I daresay I'd be an upgrade defensively over Fin.
Give me a break! Did you even watch the Houston series? Supposedly, Howard is our best defender, but he got absolutely torched by T-Mac. There was only one guy who could remotely slow McGrady down, know who it was? It was Finley. Finley isn't an all-defensive team player, but he's not sub-par by any means. I'd say he's slightly above average.
Spiral, I understand that Finley played great defense on TMac, we all saw it. But I'm not giving that much credit to Finley. He's a veteran, 10+ years in the league. Howard is a 2nd year player. The refs were giving all kinds of favoritism to TMac and rightfully so, he's a superstar. When Finley guarded him, he did well to stay in front of him, but that's about it. Finley's key was his ability to play physical with him, where the ref's wouldn't call it. Josh played similar aggressive defense, but yet was called for fouls while Finley was not. Finley did well, but I wouldn't give his abilites credit for it, more his rep.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote