View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #71
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The 2003 NBA Draft revisited

Quote:
The three point debate never ends with some of you. A player now has to hit a three, or at least the majority of the starters on this team have to
It's about spacing the floor and the being a legit threat for a 3ptr is a major part of that. Without that our offense bogs down, especially in the playoffs. We need the contributions of Josh and Damp too much to pull them and neither is a legit threat from 3. Josh is at least better than Quis at the midrange game though. But we need our 2 guard to be someone that the defense must respect as a shooter.

Quote:
A player has barely any experience and your writing him off as a player that will never get better.
I haven't read any posts where Quis is being written off. The ones I have read just say he's not ready YET. Quis needs to dedicate himself this summer to developing a legit long distance shot. No reason that he can't do that if he works hard enough IMO.

Quote:
Some of yall feel that Finley will help us win a championship, and put another team over the top. He's never put us over the top even though he's played a crapload of minutes over the years.
and we haven't had as much overall talent as we do now either. Just because he hasn't done it on less talented teams, doesn't mean that he can't put a team over the top on a more talented team. By your same argument we should trade Dirk because obviously he is incapable of leading a team to a championship since he's had a crapload of minutes and has never done it before.

Finely is far more than a spot up shooter even though that is what he does best. If you can't tell the difference between a steve Kerr and a michael finley then I don't believe that there is any point in discussing this further.