View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Donnie on with Norm this morning...what the Mavs need

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
You mean an upgrade over jumping and shooting? Look I don't want to lose FInley for nothing the same as the next person, but the pessimism as if we can't get 13-15 points from another 2/3 player is ridiculous. Anyways I never contended with Allan Houston, I said I wouldn't mind having Rose if you had read that correctly.

It's not just about finding some smuck to score 13 to 15 points for us. It's finding someone who's overall play allows us to score more than our opponents do as well as Finely. Last year there was no one playing the 2 guard who did as well as Fin. Not stack and not Quis. I doubt we get anyone close for the vet minimum either. and if we have to spend the MLE to get it, still doubtful IMO, then we can't use that to land an athletic big man. If we go to trades, then we have to give up talent.

Cutting Fin puts us behind in talent versus keeping him in any realistic scenario. We can always get better in talent, but if we had Fin we could be even better.