View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Waiving Finley....addition by subtraction

Quote:
Originally posted by: Filth

2. Stack is a good player - better than finley at this point. He plays better D. He is aggressive on offense, putting pressure on the opposing team by attacking the rim. He rebounds. He has an inner fire to win. Hes no black hole, thats Finley. Stacks role with the mavs last year as a sixth man was to come in and SCORE points. Thats what the coaches asked him to do and thats what he did. If they ask him to pass more, he'll pass. Hes a very coachable player for his age.
3. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] Id down a guinness and do a jig if the mavs could get Grant Hill. Hed be a perfect fit for the team and would not likely cost much in return.
4. If Najera is waived, Cuban better go get that guy!!!!

Seems I keep reading articles about some team trying to get Josh Howard from us. They can all go suck it cuz Josh aint goin nowhere. He's somethin special and all those teams know it, despite the lack of respect he gets from the media. It was a load of crap that he didnt make the all defensive teams.
I agree on #2. At this point of his career I don't think he's a great player, but I prefer him over Finley. Assuming all is well he's a stopgap guy until Daniels is ready. And he's obviously shown a willingness to come off the bench, unlike Finley. Plus he's tradeable.

#3. I think Grant Hill being waived is a longshot. They could be an 8th seed next year with him. However they won't contend for a championship in the next two years so I'm sure they are tempted. Because of his salary and injury history, no one will offer much in trade for him.

#4. It makes sense for Najera to be waived as Denver has plenty of big men ahead of him. I like his hustle and would not be opposed to bringing him back for the vet minimum, but he won't make much of a difference here.

I think Josh and Harris stay. I would think hard about including Josh in a package for Pierce, but I think we have a chance without giving up Howard. Josh is an excellent fit in this system.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote