View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 AM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs in a no-lose situation with free agency this time

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Im tired of people comparing us to the Spurs or to the Celtics, or to the Lakers or whatever. Evert team that wins a championship wins it in a different way. We need to stop asking ourselves "who is our Duncan/Shaq/Bird/Magic/Jabar....whoever". We need to be the best, most balanced, most well-oiled and most professional team out there. That is all.
I agree with you, but I aslo understand all this talk. People are trying to figure out why haven't won a title, or even the division for that matter, while the Spurs just won ANOTHER championship. As long as Dirk is our franchise player, we'll never be the Spurs, or any other team for that matter. Dirk is just too unique, and too different from Duncan. Honestly, has there ever been any other team, especially a championship team, that had a 3 pt shooting 7 ft. power forward as its star player? I can't think of one...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote