View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 01:13 AM   #44
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavs looking into trading Finley to East (DMN)

By the way, in an earlier fin thread, I suggested that this might be the strategy and I offered up Fin for Ira Newble\Luke Jackson\S&T Diop\Trade exception.

They are way under the cap and will be really desperate if they cannot get Redd or Allen. Fin is just the kind of guy that could be a real help to the stability of that team. Lebron would get him open look after open look. They might look at Mobley or one of the waived players, but why not dump Newble and get Fin for about the same price as getting him in Free Agency?

Instead I would do Newble\Snow\Trade Exception of about 5mil. Newble gets a fresh start, and we get Snow as our 3rd PG which would not be a bad thing or we could waive him if that was an option. They end up paying an extra 16-20mil or so for fin. About the same as signing him for 6mil over 3 years. That is a good backup plan for them if Redd or Allen go the other way. The good thing is that they most likely will need just such a plan.

Now if Redd goes to Cleveland would the Bucks be willing to do anything? I doubt it as they are not desperate to keep thier other players, but you never know. We could trade for Booth 1 more time.

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote