View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Memphis, Lets make a deal

Unorthodox trade that I think would put the Mavs over the top.
Marquis Daniels
Tariq Abdul-Wahad
Erick Dampier
Mavs next years #1
for:
Lorenzen Wright
Pau Gasol

Dirk and Pau would basically be interchangable at the PF/C with Pau being more of the inside post and 15'.
Wright would be the defender/post-up guy.

Both Pau and Wright have a little inside post game.

Harris (1), Terry (1/2), Stackhouse (2), Finley (2/3), Howard (3), KVH (3/4), Dirk (4), Gasol (4/5), Wright (5) --- DJ, PPod, MLE guy as a shooter (pref SG), some of the summer squad guys. 9 solid deep guys and developing players.

Why would Dallas do it? to get a very strong frontcourt that could score inside or out on anyone. If Avery really is a scheme/team defensive guy then they would be middle of the pack defensively because they would always have height in the game. They would be top 3 offensively easily, and be able to run, play the half court, slash, etc. They would be quicker than last year, and since no one in the Western Conference is names Shaq, they really wouldn't have to Bang that much. They would have PPod and DJ for those games though.

Why would Memphis do it? Because they wanted Damp (actually I assume it was to play beside Pau), and the #1 and Daniels was enough to peak their interest. If they are rebuilding, then this would allow them cap space, and more picks. Also Wright seems to want out. I am not sure that they would do it, but it is at least a thought. TAW would come off due to injury clause automatically. If they resigned Swift as the PF then they would be set.

Yes, I know this hurts the defense a little, but more than makes up for it in talent. It gives the Mavs a frontcourt that can defend a little, and be very offensive with Pau/Dirk. They would be the offensive equivalent in frontcourt of the Wallaces defense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote