View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:00 AM   #45
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:World Series of Poker

Spoiler Alert!

Some might call it WSOP Episode 05: Revenge of the Pros. After the huge jump in event size last year (caused by the Moneymaker onslaught) the World Series saw many amateur winners. Well, the Pros have figured it out, and are taking the World Series over once again. Among the bracelet winners this year are Allen Cunningham, Eric Seidel, TJ Cloutier, Josh Arieh, Mark Seif (an incredible 2 bracelets), Barry Greenstein, Phil Ivey and Todd Brunson. Amazingly, both Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson set/tied the all-time record by each winning their 10th WSOP bracelet, Chan in Pot-Limit Holdem, and Doyle in Short-handed NL Holdem. Phil Hellmuth and Berry Johnston tussled over the record for most cashes in WSOP history, and going into the Main Event, both are still tied. Hellmuth is also looking for a 10th bracelet of his own.

In a shock, Actress Jennifer Tilly won the Ladie's No Limit Hold Em event.

It's looking like about 5600 players in the main event, which started yesterday. Currently playing the 2nd day of 3 "Day 1 heats." After Sunday, the field will be combined, and it will play down to the end.

Early chip leaders after Day 1a included Lee Watkinson, Layne Flack, and last year's champ, Greg Raymer. Day 1b has seen Sam Farha, Phil Hellmuth and others off to good starts. If anyone wants updates on specific players, feel free to ask and I will do my best to find. (Name type pros, I'm not in vegas, so I don't know about your buddy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote