View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #82
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Bradley seen dancing in the streets?

I find it funny how this thread died after March 23rd. Is that because Shawn reverted back to his inconsistent self. Can't blame Nellie for that anymore.

What suprises me, is that everyone on this thread has sided with Bradley over Nellie. I may be wrong, but didn't Nellie take us to the playoffs for the first time in a decade? Didn't he resurrect us from one of the worst sports franchises of the 90's? I'm not saying that Nellie was the greatest, I just don't understand all the excuses everyone is so ready to give Bradley. Is he a nice guy? Yes. Was he a great basketball player? I think even the Bradley sympathizers would have to say no.

Bradley has no one to blame but himself. When he played well, he got the minutes. When he mailed it in, he got benched. He had every opportunity to be a contributor on two teams before he got to Dallas but those teams were more than happy to get rid of him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Bradley. I just see him for what he was, a marginal player at best!! His biggest fault was that he had absolutely no passion for the game. Maybe I'm wrong to want that from a guy who get's paid 6 million a year, but that's just me. It's not just Bradley with which I have this problem. I have a hard time respecting T-Mac or Vince Carter when they say they didn't give it there all b/c they were on a losing team. Maybe if they had given it there all, they wouldn't have been on losing teams. Isn't that what professional means?
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote