View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What are the Mav's up to???? DB.com article

You know, I hear that a lot about that team. But I remember them getting some very clutch stops in that Sacramento series. In fact, I remember noticing in one of the very important games (Game 5, maybe?) that in the last two or three minutes the Mavs were getting all their points in the paint and Sacramento was reduced to throwing up, and usually missing, outside jumpers. I think Bibby even airballed one on a critical possession.

But regardless, I do believe that that '03 team was a lot better at getting critical stops than people give them credit for. I guess that all went to piss in the fourth quarter of Game Six against the Spurs...but the offense did an even better job there of playing dead.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote