Thread: Paul Pierce
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Paul Pierce

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
I am looking at it long-term

I am looking at it in terms of how long our best player, Dirk, have left in his prime. Like i pointed out, finley started to decline because of his diminishing skills and increased risk of injuries when he hit 29/30 years old.. Dirk is 27. With Pierce here, we would have our best shot to win a championship in the next three years IMO.
Bingo. I would do this trade in a heartbeat. Sure, Harris' and Quis' potential will be missed, but like you, I fear that by the time they realize their potential (if they do at all) Dirk may be well past his prime. Besides, we'd still have Howard who is a future star IMO; a much safer bet than Devin or Marquis. Honestly, I'd be much more concerned about taking on Raef's awful contract than losing Devin and Marquis.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote