Thread: Paul Pierce
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 AM   #37
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Paul Pierce

Quote:
Originally posted by: bgantz
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
Dirk and Pierce would be able to average 20+ a night and still be happy, at least having another proven scorer (like Fin a few years ago), the roles of the other players on the team will be more defined.
the mavericks could make this trade if they want to, and knowing their willingness to build a fantasy roster it wouldn't shock me if someone like pierce came here. even though this trade was made up. the problem i have is that i feel the worst thing the mavericks can do is bring in another guy who dominates the ball and wants to be the man. we had it with walker, and pierce would do it here too. he would take shots away from dirk, sulk when not given enough minutes, and be an offensive possession stopper. where are you going to start him? if you start him at the 2, then stackhouse comes off the bench to spell pierce....and he's bringing the EXACT same type of game to the table. come in the game, dominate the ball, chuck up shots, shoot early in the shot clock, take shots away from dirk. as brilliant as stackhouse's game was at times, he was also painfully maddening at times too. if you start pierce at the 3, then you have howard coming off the bench, with stackhoue and pierce playing the 2 and 3. that's a disaster. go to a boston message board and read about all the pierce trade topics. pierce isn't a complimentary player, he's a guy who thinks he can be the best player in the league, and playing along side dirk, that's not good. i'm just saying overall i think it would cause problems. the mavs need more fitting piece players who have defined roles coming in: 3 point shooter, rebounder, interior defender. not a guy like pierce who is looking for a team to adapt to him.
Walker and Dirk play the same position that is why they clashed and the fact that Nellie wanted the whole "point forward" thing didn't help their cause either. Dirk and the mavs were doing just fine with Fin when he was scoring 20+ a game and averaging 45% overall and on 35% threes..

and im sure Stackhouse would definitely be trade bait if we had Paul Pierce on the team..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote