View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #865
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
To all those dallas folk - tonight John Mayer and Buddy Guy play on KERA. it may be a rerun but still I always love it when they play this show. Still need to get one of mr. Mayer's cds though hehe
ok, so here's my problem with John Mayer - i went to see the counting crows two summers ago (when they duel-headlined with Mayer). counting crows played first, so i was ready to leave after they left the stage but my girlfriend wanted to see mayer. all i'd heard was his bubble gum pop crap - he plays a couple of those songs, then at about song three he rips into this SWEET bluesy song called Come Back to Bed that he put on his newest album. he extended it with every blues lick he could think of - it was awesome. he kept that style long enough for all the teeny boppers to get bored then went back to the bubble gum music. the whole time he was saying in between songs, his new album is taking a step forward and it may turn his current fans off, but he hopes to become a better musician, yada yada. so i'm like, man, his new cd is going to be solid. minus a few songs, it's still bubble gum crap. he's capable of so much more, he's one hell of a guitar player and has the creativity to write meaningful music. but it's like he's being steered in the wrong direction. it's quite sad...

on topic:

Gov't Mule - Deja Voodo
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote