View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #110
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Finley, Jamison to Portland? Say it aint so!

Quote:
Originally posted by: echo
I know this trade is probably only rumour, but I have no doubt the Mavs are interested in Sheed. I'm interested in Sheed! Yes he has baggage and yes he has an attitude, but there isn't another big man available who could make the impact Sheed could. Sorry folks Jermaine O'Neal and Ben Wallace are not available this year!

This rumoured deal also makes a lot of sense salary cap wise. Sheed would get one year to prove his worth, and if chemistry issues existed he would be sign-and-trade material next year. Fin and AJ's max contracts for 5 more years eliminated.

Also, Finley doesn't have a lot of value folks. With his contract and age, he would be the most difficult Mav to move. If the Mavs braintrust thinks he is in decline they know they would have to package him with someone else. Not a knock on Fin, but it is the truth.

Anyway this trade is only a rumor, but it's fun to speculate! I personally think the Mavs should be calling the Jazz to inquire about Ostertag's availibility. In 25 minutes a game, he sure could add some beef in the middle.
Wow I just realized this was one of my first posts here. Notice how right I was about Finley's value? No wonder those peeps at db.com ran me off their board!!!

Anyway Sheed has a championship ring now.

And I was wrong about Ostertag [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
echo is offline   Reply With Quote