View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:50 AM   #17
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Who will be our 2nd string C?

Quote:
Originally posted by: snoop
Dampier just needs to step up so all this is not such a huge issue. For us to contend Damp has to be a dominate center. Who was Shaqs back up in LA- Shaun Rooks, Travis knight. David Robinsons? Hakeem? My point is our fear dosn't need to be who backs up Damp, just how well Damp plays. DJ and Pavel are both better than Travis Knight. TRAVIS KNIGHT for god sake.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
That's true, but those guys can play 40+ minutes a night and still be dominant. Dampier, even when not in foul trouble (very rare), would not be able to do this on a consistent basis and that is why we need a decent backup center. We can not and should not be comparing Erick Dampier to Shaq, Drob, or the Dream. =]

Potentially no, but Travis Knight is ahead of DJ and Pavel IMO because he played 4 years of college ball and the understanding of how to play the game is superior to DJ's and Pavel's at this stage in their young careers. We all know basketball is not all about how big, fast, or athletic you are.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote