View Single Post
Old 04-05-2001, 02:20 PM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

the only reason i said that finley was a solid player, not great, was because i reserve the "great" label for people that are heading for the hall of fame or are playing at that level. no, finley isn't headed to the hall of fame. no, dirk probably isn't. both players are special..both players are instrumental. right now, finpoodle has the slightly better all around game. there's little doubt that dirk will have the better all around game in the near future. i'm not saying dirk is great, i'm not saying finley is great. michael jordan, shaq, hakeem...they are great.. they are hall of famers, so i feel it is appropriate to call them great.

should this maverick team be called great because they are in the playoffs? NO...they are a solid team. the lakers of the 80's and the bulls of the early and mid nineties are great. therefore, is finley a great player? a guy that will be an all star 3-4 times in his career? No, but he's damned close. when he's great enough to ever be considered one of the elite players of all time, get back with me ..and maybe then i'll call him great..same for dirk. but until then . MICHAEL FINLEY IS A SOLID PLAYER
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote