Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM   #67
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Paul Pierce

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: echo
No way Boston takes on Finley's contract if they trade Pierce. Totally defeats the purpose. Boston will ask for Howard or Harris, Van Horn's and/or Terry's expiring contract, and maybe Daniels or Stackhouse and a future draft pick. Plus we have to take Raef and/or Blount.

Here is the most realistic offer Boston may consider that doesn't include JHO or Harris.

Pierce, Raef & Blount for KVH, Terry, Daniels and PPod and a #2 draft pick. Boston gets out of salary cap hell, tanks the season, and gets a high draft pick (their own) next season. They would be in position to sign FA's. Terry could either be resigned or traded at the deadline. Nobody wants to give up Terry, but if you want Pierce I bet he has to be included in the deal. Puts a lot of pressure on Harris, but you can sign someone like B. Knight and also bring DA back for insurance. Finley would be waived for sure.

Dallas lineup.

PG Harris/FA/DA
SG Pierce/Stackhouse/FA
SF J. Howard/Stackhouse/Pierce
PF Dirk/Raef/Powell
C Dampier/Blount/Raef/DJ
No way we take both Blount AND Raef.
I would prefer not to, but I'm looking at trades that Boston would be willing to make. Dallas would obviously move one of them later on. I do however think they would want Terry. And if we had Pierce we really wouldn't need a scoring PG like Terry.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote