View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 AM   #7
echo

echo is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Putting some needs together...and netting Pierce

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Echo, the Celtics really, really need a 1 or a 5 or both. I'm sure if they get Tyson Chandler for Pierce they would jump all over it. But I don't think Chicago is ready to make that deal. You know of any other 5's who may be the same level player Pierce is, whose team would be willing to trade him? I don't.

If the Celts trade Pierce, a bluechip PG may well be the best they can do.
Well Chicago has some nice young 2/3's so they obviously wouldn't trade Chandler for Pierce, especially with Curry's physical condition. I would give up Howard for Chandler, but the Bulls wouldn't do it. I'm willing to package Harris and DJ or PPod in a deal for Pierce, but if they like West (and I think they do) I could see them wanting Terry instead.

Who may also be interested in Pierce? Sacremento discussed Peja (and more) for Pierce. The Clippers have offered Maggette and a 1st rounder for Pierce. I'm sure Jaric (S&T) or Wilcox could be used to sweeten a deal. Portland is interested. So is Indiana. Detroit. Denver where Nene would be part of the package. Lots of teams are interested which means Boston can wait for the best offer. I do think Pierce wants out though, so I expect him to be traded by the deadline at the latest.

echo is offline   Reply With Quote