View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #23
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:Putting some needs together...and netting Pierce

Personally I believe Ainge trades Pierce for Harris, TAW and Fin. He's clearly rebuilding and the piece he really needs is a young PG that's Harris, and he'll be a star. Fin makes sense because he'd provide some veteran leadership for the young guys and he's a class act. TAW would be a good filler piece and has some cap value.

The real debate should be is Pierce the piece that puts the Mavs over the top in the west. He is a great player, but is he a 2 or a 3. This very well may be Josh Howard's break through year... as an All Star. JHo needs to start at the 3. Honestly, I see Doug Christie being a better fit on this team than Pierce.

If Dallas can somehow keep Devin, and acquire Pierce than I'd say the future looks really bright: Still I don't see any way of doing this. I don't see any reasonable trade between Dallas and the Celts.

But WTH here is a trade just to keep the forum focused:
Dallas Rip Off Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Michael Finley
6-7 SG from Wisconsin
15.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.8 minutes

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
9.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.5 minutes

Incoming
Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes

Mark Blount
7-0 C from Pittsburgh
9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.0 minutes

Justin Reed
6-8 SF from Mississippi
1.8 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 5.3 minutes
Change in team outlook: +8.0 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and +1.5 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes

Mark Blount
7-0 C from Pittsburgh
9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.0 minutes

Justin Reed
6-8 SF from Mississippi
1.8 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 5.3 minutes

Incoming
Michael Finley
6-7 SG from Wisconsin
15.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.8 minutes

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
9.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: -8.0 ppg, -4.4 rpg, and -1.5 apg.

[b]Successful Scenario [\b]
Due to Dallas and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2537357.