View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Putting some needs together...and netting Pierce

Boston is looking to rebuild and cut payroll. I can't see them taking on Fin's contract, but it's worth a shot. And they already have two young points in West and Banks, so if we give them Harris, they'll have to part with one of them. I aslo don't think Boston would do the deal if we didn't throw in KVH or Stack.

Quote:
The real debate should be is Pierce the piece that puts the Mavs over the top in the west. He is a great player, but is he a 2 or a 3. This very well may be Josh Howard's break through year... as an All Star. JHo needs to start at the 3.
Huh? That's not the "real" debate. That's hardly even a debate at all. If your question is if he would put us past the Spurs, then that's debateable, but if you're asking if we'd be a better team with him, than that's just a stupid question. "He is a great player, but is he a 2 or a 3. " Pierce has 3 pt. range and great ball-handling/passing skills, so I don't see what the problem would be with him playing 2... This might be Josh's break-out year, but are you counting on it? I'm not. Besides, I don't see how Pierce being here would prevent that from happening. Hell, if PP were here, Josh would go INSANE in the lanes, slashing all over the place. Seriously, Dirk and Pierce would always draw the defense, and leave Howard unchecked.

Quote:
Honestly, I see Doug Christie being a better fit on this team than Pierce
I want both of them... But let me get this straight, you think Doug Christie would give us a better shot at the championship than Paul Pierce? WTF?

Edit: Boston also desperately needs some athleticism at the 5 spot, so I don't think this deal works without DJ or Pavel. I've been trying to think of a 3-team deal with Chicago in which Boston gets Curry or Chandler (probably Curry) but I haven't thought of one yet.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote